- 1 package Sticky Fingers Bakeries Original Scone Mix
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into ½” cubes
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped Pecans
- 8 large Granny Smith Apples (or your favorite apples)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9”x13” casserole dish or baking pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Empty Sticky Fingers Scone Mix into a large bowl; thoroughly blend in brown sugar & cinnamon. Cut in cubes of cold butter until you have moist crumbs. Stir in pecans & refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Pare apples & cut them into ½” to ¾” chunks; cover the apple chunks with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine apple chunks, ½ cup granulated sugar, cinnamon & cornstarch until well-blended; toss with apples.
- Transfer the apple mixture to the prepared pan & spread evenly. Then, top the apple mixture with an even layer of the crumb mixture.
- Bake crisp 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown on top & the apples are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting. Serve with a large spoon. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
You can halve the recipe by adjusting the following.
- Use 1-3/4 cups Scone Mix
- 6 Tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4 apples
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Prepare as directed above & bake in an 8” casserole dish or baking pan for 35-40 minutes.